Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pin-spiration!

My how  time flies!

Christmas break ended with a Ski Trip with my hubby's youth group to Asheville, NC. It was tons of fun but man were we tired and sore when we got home!

And this week I started a brand new job teaching GA Pre-K. It went pretty well but there sure is a lot to learn!

So far this weekend we have spent time spent time sitting on our front porch in this nearly 80 degree weather, took a small trip to Nash Farm Battlefield (more on that another day) and working on some Pin-spired crafts! I should probably warn you that I LOVE Pintrest! I wanted to share with you some of the projects I have completed over the last few months to make our "nest" a little sweeter!



This is a chalkboard menu that I made for the kitchen. The silver platter was found at Garden Ridge. The original idea came from Signature Style Blog.




This is one of my favorites! For this project, I repainted a frame from Garden Ridge and then wrote many, many things I was grateful for on the cardboard. Come to think about it, this really goes along with my One Word Resolution! The original idea came from Country Girl Home.


I just adore chalkboard paint! The big jar is from Hobby Lobby and the smaller jars are from Ikea. I simply used chalkboard paint to add a personal touch! The original idea is from something I saw on Etsy.



This project is one that I completed this weekend! I used left over wood and burlap create this monogram. The original idea is also from Etsy.


 Aren't these snowmen adorable?! December flew by so I didn't have them done in time for this Christmas, but they will take center stage next year! Again, I just used left over wood and tissue paper to make the hats and scarves. The original idea is from Lovely Little Snippets.



This print is our office and it serves as a reminder everyday! I simply repainted an existing frame and printed the saying! The original source is from Etsy.


I was quite proud of myself for how this project turned out! It was my first time trying to paint letters! My hubby put together a free pallet we acquired and I used a stencil to help with the words. This is hanging in our bedroom. I've seen this project many places, but the inspiration I used was The Country Chic Cottage. 




Another item I love is mason jars! And burlap, and lace! This project had all the above! The vase in the first picture is from the Dollar Tree and the mason jars were left over from our wedding. At first I tried to wrap the vase in twine, but it was a "pin-trosity!" You will see many, many different versions of this project on Pintrest so I do not have just one source.

I have a few more projects that I will share another day! Coming up tomorrow (hopefully!) will be our Garage Makeover! I am hoping to have a house tour up some time in the next few weeks!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment